10:30am - 6pm Mon - Sat 1pm - 5pm Sun (512) 736-3659
Professional Laser Hair Removal Center
Frequently Asked Questions About Laser Hair Removal
1. What is the “Candela GentleLASE™” laser and why is it a safe treatment?
Laser has been used for many years for a variety of medical purposes, including treatment of facial and leg veins, age spots and
rejuvenating the skin on the face. The GentleLASE™ system–a revolutionary long-pulse, high-energy alexandrite laser– emits a
gentle beam of light that passes through the skin to the hair follicle where it is absorbed.
The laser energy is transformed into heat, which destroys the hair follicle, leaving the surrounding skin unaffected. The skin is
further protected during the treatment by a dynamic cooling device where cryogen is sprayed onto the skin, cooling the upper
layers and providing patients with increased comfort. The GentleLASE™ selectivity helps to protect the skin while effectively
treating the unwanted hairs.
2. How many laser hair removal treatments will I need?
Hair grows in 3 cycles or stages of growth: anagen, catagen and telogen (also known as growth, resting, and dying). The number
of treatments required depends upon your skin and hair color and the coarseness of your hair. Most of our patients will require
at least 4-6 treatments, as the laser hair removal process is only effective during the hair’s early growing cycle. Repeat sessions
will be necessary to treat these follicles when they re-enter the early growth phase.
3. What precautions should be taken before and after my laser hair removal treatment?
– Avoid the sun 4 to 5 weeks before and after treatment or until your practitioner allows it.
– You must avoid electrolysis, plucking or waxing hair for 4 weeks prior to your laser hair removal treatment.
4. What can I expect during and after the laser hair removal treatment?
Depending on the amount of hair treated, the procedure varies from patient to patient. Generally, the treatment will include:
– Wearing safety eyewear to protect the practitioner and patient’s eyes from the laser light during the procedure.
– A small hand piece will be used that touches the skin to deliver the laser light. A light spray of coolant onto the skin will be
felt just before each laser pulse.
– A test area will be done prior to the entire treatment to ensure effectiveness. Your full treatment may be done on the same
day or up to 2 weeks later, depending on your skin’s reaction.
– Most patients experience very little discomfort during their treatment because of our dynamic cooling process, which helps
to sooth and nourish the skin.
– The degree of discomfort may vary with each person, depending on his/her pain threshold. Topical anesthesia may also be requested based on individual preferences or tolerances. Be sure to discuss this with your practitioner prior to your first laser treatment.
– The procedure can take as little as 10 minutes or up to 1 hour, depending on the area being treated and the hair density.
– The area may become pink or red within 30 minutes of treatment; this may last from a few hours to a few days, but can easily be relieved with the application of ice or cooling gels. Your skin should not feel irritated or itchy; the redness is simply the hair follicle’s reaction to the effective laser hair removal treatment
Call us today to get a FREE laser hair removal consultation and a FREE test spot!
See for yourself how our professional laser hair removal treatment will work for you!
You’ll love your new silky-smooth skin!